Build guest home and main home on lakefront property located within a cove. Lot is raw land that will require septic field. Lake elevation changes: full is 681 ft and the 100 yr flood plain is 723 ft. Details about land:
1. Homes must be built above the flood plain which is 723 ft elevation. This means that the property must physically sit at or above the physical elevation of 723 ft. It may be built using pier and beam foundation to raise it to 723 ft, or dirt may be redistributed from one section of the flood plain to another to raise the elevation to 723 ft for a slab/concrete foundation, or home may begin as a slab foundation above 723 ft and also transition to pier and beam below 723 ft.
2. Pictures of the lot provided. The lot is situated such that in order to ensure homes are facing the water they will need to parallel the northwest property line (circled, "Pic 2") and will likely require extension into 710-723 flood plain zone.
3. The project is to be a 2 phase project:
A. Phase 1:
Build a "small/tiny home" that can serve as a guest house (~350-500 sq ft, not including any loft space). This house will be built first. This will allow me to gauge costs of construction/build before proceeding with a main house later.
For this small home, I would like to have a small living area open with small functional kitchen, a bedroom that can accomodate at least a queen size bed, and at least 1 or 2 overhead lofts that can allow sleeping areas w a queen mattress or used for storage. 1 full bath that can accomodate a garden tub/shower combo. An additional small 1/2 bath w sink + toilet connected to living area. Added storage is a plus (such as incorporating into stairs). A rooftop terrace or balcony/deck to view lake. I have attached links to ideas/examples.
The guest home does not have to be in the same style as the main home. I would potentially like to have a walkway connecting the 2 homes. My budget is <$100k with affordability in mind for the guest house.
Septic field will be placed at the time this dwelling is built. Septic field will be designed to accomodate both this small house and the later main home.
B. Phase 2:
Build a main home, ~2500-3000 sqft. Phase 2 home will be built after the tiny home. It should consist of a minimum of a master suite, office, plus two bedrooms, 2.5-3 bathrooms, 3 car attached/detached garage.
2-3 stories high ok. Designed with potential small elevator if needed later. Multiple balconies for each level and potentially rooftop terrace for view of the lake. I envision that the living area and kitchen will be on the second floor to ensure lake views. Master can be placed on 2nd or potentially 3rd floor. Remaining bedrooms may be distributed in whatever manner you deem best. Budget 300k-400k.
4. Style and wants:
-Maximize Lake view of both homes. This will likely require building the homes parallel to the northwest lot line (circled in "Pics 2") in order to avoid possible obstruction by adjacent lot.
- Lots of light. It's important to me to have lots of windows for natural light, especially on the lake side.
- No stucco.
-Industrial meets french country with a warm feel and the guest house can be more contemporary or rustic. I am open to various concepts.
- Eco friendly ideas may be incorporated such as solar or rain water collection.
Facts (Please see provided topographic map and lot contour with dimensions).