Remodel Kitchen in 80 year old 2 story Brick home.
1. open the kitchen to the family room addition to bring in light and a more cohesive first floor design.
2. maximize storage space
3. create central social area for entertaining
4. retain dining room table in dining room but are open to removing wall between dining room and kitchen
5. install gourmet kitchen appliances, tile or wood floor, tile or glass back splash, natural stone or quartz counter tops, shaker style cabinets, brown/red color for cabinets. (transitional style)
6. updated lighting throughout the space
1. Soffit contains plumbing for second floor bathroom
2. Wall between kitchen and family room is load bearing outside wall of original house but is not supporting brick wall above it (removed when addition was added)
3. Wall between kitchen and dining room is load bearing
4. No carpeting
Looking for best design that unifies the kitchen with the rest of the main floor and is "Transitional" in style (not too modern, not too traditional).