25 year old Florida home near intercostal needs modernization and to be expanded to meet needs of new owners. Current home has poor utilization of space, outdated exterior/interior and poor use of natural lighting. Current house is 3 bedrooms, 2 ½ bathrooms with a great room with 2 sided fireplace, eat-in kitchen, separate dining room, game room, and enclosed porch.
Owners need 2 functional offices (need storage space in both offices), 2 bedrooms for kids, 1 guest suite (potential in-law suite), 1 master suite. Need two entertainment areas – one for adults, one for kids (pool table, video gaming center, movies, etc.). Need to have access to a bathroom near the pool and would like a bathroom that is for guest use. We like to eat/entertain outside on pool deck/screen enclosure in the summer (current pool deck is too small). Additionally need a storage area and workshop for gardening and storage of surfboards, skateboards, workshop tools, etc. Current garage is too small for car and these items. We would also like to add an overlook to the intercostal that is less than 200 yards east of the house (pool side). We would like to change the kitchen (remove drop ceiling, add island, etc.) but save money by using the current cabinets. We would like to modernize the interior and the exterior. Septic tank is on west side of house (bedroom side) and cannot be moved.
We would like a two phase approach, 1st phase for updates to the current structure, 2nd phase to add an addition to meet the goals as stated above. The plan would be to complete the 1st phase as soon as possible and then initiate the 2nd phase early next year. A second story is fine, but do not want master bedroom or guest suite or offices on 2nd floor.
WHAT WE WANT
Area is upscale with large homes. Current house is misfit in the area. We like the Florida style with the tin roof. We also like the Mediterranean style. The best solutions will offer an affordable design and ease of implementation. The roof and windows both need to be replaced. House is brick structure.
1. Setbacks: 35’ Front, 25’ Rear, 15’ from side
2. Any structure must be connected, e.g. no buildings separate from the main
3. No garage doors shall face towards any street
4. No carports are allowed
5. 2.5 stories (high)
6. You can find the exact location of the well and the septic tank, in an old survey in one of the documents in the "+" tab -- it doesn’t reflect the pool or the enclosed porch.
7. We are ok with demolishing the enclosed porch or fireplace (or other areas’ as well) if necessary to get a good design.
(1) PLAN VIEW(s): Scale 1/4"-1' (or 1/50)
(2) SECTION/ELEVATION VIEWS: : Scale 1/4"-1' (or 1/50)
(1) PHASING DIAGRAM OF TWO-PHASE PROCESS
(X) PERSPECTIVE/AXONOMETRIC VIEWS
MATERIALS FROM CLIENT:
Please click on 'Images' tab for various pics
Please click on '+' tab for survey drawings, elevation and plan drawings, and sketches