This is a TV/computer/family room. We have a separate formal family room. Although not the main enterance to the home, it is the entrance used 90% of the time. House was built in the mid 70's with the owner, a CPA, using the room as his business office therefore the separate entrance.
The current condition of the room, see attached pictures, is finished and in daily use. There are no structural problems or necessary repairs.
We would like to achieve the following
1. Layout that provides additional seating (currently limited to couch and chair)
2. Computer work station. Can be free standing or built in.
3. TV location.
4. Book or display shelves.
5. Modernize and make lighter. Wainscoting can stay or go, moldings and trim can be painted.
6. Flooring recommendations. Currently wood grain sheet goods.
7. Current closet area may be altered or incorporated into the design.
8. No restrictions on existing office cabinet or shelving removal.
9. Storage. We recognize that new designs will not provide the amount of storage currently available, but we will require some storage capacity.
10. None of the furnishing shown are absolutely required to be incorporated in the new design, but would hope to use the antique post office unit.
Understand there is an excess of "things" currently in the room and we are willing to weed.
Master bedroom is over this room so skylights are not an option.
functionality will be our primary decision making consideration with affordability also being a factor.