Southern California Beach Community
Front Yard. Faces South. Partial Ocean View to West.
We'd like to fence in the front yard so we can
1. Let our dog run free with our patio doors open
2. Remove most, if not all, of the grass, add watersmart ground cover and vegetable beds
3. Have access to enclosed front yard through a discreet gate (still looks like fence?)
4. Not have it look like a fortress... still be welcoming to neighbors and obviously good curb appeal.
5. Upstairs deck (upright railing) needs to be replaced. It should relate to fence design.
6. Side gate should become more private. Height doesn't need to change, but it is currently too see-through. It also needs to relate to front fence design.
7. Have a seating area with gas fire pit? or something like that. Also use front patio for either seating, foosball or??
8. Patio is not very large (especially because french doors open OUT onto it). Dimensions are attached. We'd like to find a better use for this patio... we are open to extending it to create a larger seating are... but it needs to tie into covered patio area as well.
We tend to like transitional style. Not too modern, but not old. Matching the style of the house.
City Front Setback is 20'. Within that setback, fence heights are not to exceed 42".
This is my address, in case you need to check the location on Google maps:
218 calle roca vista
San Clemente, CA