This rooftop deck will be built on top of the 2nd floor of my rowhome. My home is 3 stores high in the front, and only 2 stories high in the back. The deck will be built in the back of the house on top of the 2nd floor. A door will need to be created to walk directly out onto the deck from the interior of the 3rd floor of my house.
The dimensions of the deck will be 12.5' wide by 25.5' long. The exterior of my home is brick. The roof surface is a rubber membrame. The support structure for the deck will have to be built on top of the parapet walls one both sides of the roof.
1. I would like to have a Pergola built. I would like the dimensions of the pergola to be 12.5' wide and about 12' long.
2. My home is an old home with traditional architecture from the early 20th century. Therefore I would like the design to be traditional as well. I would like the pergola rafters to have the traditional shapes cut into the ends.
3. I would like the pergola structure to be painted white, so that there is a nice contrast with the dark reddish-brown decking boards/railings.
4. For the decking surface I would like to use a premium South American wood called Cumaru. I would also be fine with a wood called Ipe.
5. For the railing system, I would like to use round, black metal balusters. The rail cap and top rail/bottom rail can be the same wood as the decking surface; Cumaru or Ipe. I would like the railing posts to have traditional-looking post caps, perhaps a pyrimidial shape made out of copper.
6. I would like there to be multiple levels on this deck. I would like the back half of the deck to be about 2 steps higher than lower part of the deck. On the higher part of the deck I would like it seperated in two sections, with the deck boards running at 45-degree angles, or something else creative that you can come up with.
I've attached pictures of what my current roof looks like. You can see the brick wall of the 3rd floor. On the right side of this wall is where the door will need to be placed.
I've attached another picture of a finished deck that has the decking boards running at 45-degree angles that I would like you to use as inspiration.
- Plan View, Scale 1/4"-1' (or 1/50)
- Section/Elevation, Scale 1/4"-1' (or 1/50)
- Various 3D Views - where, and if necessary
Please do not hesitate to post questions on Project Wall.