This building is an old veterinary hospital, flat roof, stucco construction. Structure is probably okay but the facade, parking lot, electric sign and planted area are very rundown. People drive by the building and don't see it.
We want to radically change the appearance so that people notice the building and are attracted to it:
1. Renovate the exterior, remove a window, add a window, a door and awnings.
2. Incorporate part of a wide sidewalk, with fencing and an awning, into the outside space (conditional use permit will allow this.
3. Restripe the parking lot to accomodate more than the 3-4 cars we can now.
4. Paint a mural on the blank wall in the parking lot.
5. Xeroscape the little garden outside.
6. Renovate the electric sign.
Would like to continue working with winning designer after competition. On-site availability might be nice but probably not necessary.
Style: Pueblo / Spanish
We have a pretty good idea already as to colors and final appearance but are open to hearing other ideas.
We are trying to minimize construction cost by clever design.
We want to make the outside planted area easy to maintain. We get about 13" of rain per year and temperatures in the summer are 90-112 F.
1. Plan view: Scale 1/4"-1' (or 1/50)
2. Front Elevation: Scale 1/4"-1' (or 1/50)
3. PERSPECTIVE/AXONOMETRIC view(s): Streetviews, signage, etc.